Do you know how to configure the Brostend WiFi extender? Setup of brostrend WiFi extender is easiest not so much difficult. In this article, all the readers will know about this.
Let’s jump in.
Tip: If you are unaware of the brostrend extender then read this first.
What is an Extender?
An extender is a device ready to use to increase the signal strength and the router's range. The Brostrend extender sits between the router and where you want the best WiFi coverage. Brostrend extender is similar to a WiFi repeater. The extender gets the WiFi signal from the router and rebroadcasts it.
The welfare of an Extender
- It removes all the dead spots in the office or house.
- Extend the coverage area of the house.
- It comes with a 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency band.
- Brostrend extender is easily compatible with every router.
- It comes with an affordable budget.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do the Brostrend WiFi extender setup.
Unboxing- Brostrend Extender Setup
Brostrend WiFi extender is the latest technology product from brostrend. Brostrend extender comes in packing under the box. It has a tag of brostrend on it. Check all the necessary items in the box. When you take out a cover from the box then you can see another cover with a picture of an extender.
Box Carry Out These Things
- Brostrend WiFi range extender.
- Manual book of an extender.
- Power adaptor.
In addition, the Brostrend WiFi extender has a setup guide that will help you to set up an extender. You can set up the Brostrend WiFi extender in two different ways.
Setup Brostrend Extender Via WPS
It is a very simple or the easiest method for the installation of an extender. Consider these steps to do this method.
- First, press the router's WPS button for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Then press the WPS button of the brostrend extender just within 2 minutes.
- When the LED light of WPS starts blinking it means that your extender is trying to connect with the router.
- Once the LED light of WPS turns solid blue then your extender establishes a good connection with the host router and boots up the signal of a router.
- If your WPS shows the red LED light it means that your extender is far away from the router.
- In case, if the signal is off your extender can’t join the host router. Try again.
- You must set up an extender at a central location of your host router.
- Now, join your wireless device to an extender WiFi network.
- As a result, once it is connected to the router you can use it anywhere under in the range.
Setup Brostrend Extender Via Web UI
If you get fail while doing the setup of the extender by WPS then you can try this method. Consider these steps.
- First, you have to use your WiFi device to join with your extender's default network name Brostrend_EXT.
- In this, there is no need for a WiFi password for an initial connection.
- Once your device connects to an extender then you can use re.brostrend.com in the address box.
- In your first login, you can pick up your admin name and password.
- Pick the closest WiFi name with your host router and then set up the network name and password.
- With the help of a signal LED light on your extender then you will be able to know the connection between the extender and the main router.
- As a result, your brostrend extender setup is successfully done.
Troubleshoot Issues- Brostrend Extender Setup
If you are facing trouble during the brostrend extender setup then you can follow these steps to fix these issues.
Placement of an Extender
The placement of an extender also plays an important role during extender setup issues. Make sure that doesn’t place your extender closest to the metal objects because these objects absorb the WiFi signal. The best placement of the extender is closest to the router. Verify that the distance between both devices is not far away from 10 to 15 feet.
Check All Wired Connections
If you are facing trouble during the brostrend extender setup then we recommend you check all wired connections. If you see any damaged wire then immediately replace it with a new one.
Reset WiFi Extender
After trying these 2 methods if you are still facing an issue then we suggest you reset the Brostrend WiFi extender. There are 2 methods to reset an extender.
- Soft reset.
- Hard reset.
- If you are doing a soft reset, then first you have to find the reset button which is mainly located at a back side of an extender. Press that button with the help of a paper clip. Make sure don’t press the button with the paperclip so much harder. Otherwise, it may destroy your gadget. Press the reset button for 8 to 10 seconds.
- If you are doing a hard reset, first you have to put out the plug of an extender from the power cord. Now, remove a battery cover by trying to open it with a flatted screwdriver. When you take out the battery, don’t throw it away. Put the battery back in the holder and verify that it is perfectly placed. In last, put back the plug of an extender in the power socket and wait for it to boot up before using it.
After reading this article, we hope all the readers will know how to configure their brostrend WiFi extender. Stick around near this post for more updates.